History of the Department

The department was founded in 1944 in Kharkov Chemical Engineering Institute named S. Kirov. Yuhnovsky G.L. was its undisputed leader until 1966.
During many years research activities of the department was devoted to recovery of new synthetic film-forming materials in order to create high-quality coatings and cost or replacement of vegetable oils.

In order to attract to teaching staff of high qualification and deepen practical training in 1988 was opened a branch in the Department of the Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. These branches have been organized at the Dnepropetrovsk paint and varnish factory and at “Lakokraspokrytie”, Kharkiv.

Since 1991-2018 the department of technology of polymer composite materials and coatings headed prof. A.M.Karateev. At the department were deployed promising new research direction for the development and implementation in production of ecologically safe organic coatings and multi-functional oligomers.

Training of highly qualified performed in 1956.